How do you feel about the current state of The Sims?
The Sims 4 is not what I wanted, far from what I expected and far from what I think it should be.
In fact, I was so disappointed with the direction of the new game that I almost scrapped my site. It’s only the enjoyment I have from the previous games that made me come back to the Sims gaming community.
Firstly, just to make it clear. I love The Sims. I think the game series is unique, daring, brave and, most of all, fun and creative. At least I used to. The Sims 4 just isn’t.
Much has been said by the community in the past year and a half, from the announcement of The Sims 4 until now, and much of it is mired in disappointment. Why are they disappointed? What were they expecting? Why did they have those expectations? And most of all, what do they hope EA and Maxis will do about it?
I think these are the important questions that should be looked at in one place, by as many people who want to be involved. I would love everybody to share their opinions and feelings on this site, with the aim to get the aggregated information to the relevant people.
Here are the guidelines:
- Answer the questions below with as little or as much information as you would like.
- Be as truthful as possible. (You will NOT be censored on this website and you will not be attacked or ridiculed for your opinions. I don’t believe in it.)
- Submit any attachments or links you would like. Videos, images, posts, links, no problem. It’s better to share it all.
- You are free to use your real names, Sims website names, or any name you like. Please don’t spam, though. Everyone deserves an equal voice.
- You can submit links to your posts, via Disqus in the comments section, Tweet TheSimalogue with #SOSTheSims4, email them to me directly, or copy and paste from external forum posts. It’s entirely up to you how you want to be heard.
- Please respect the game developers. It’s very easy to dehumanise others through digital channels.
The questions are as follows.
- How do you truly feel about The Sims 4? Why do you feel this way?
- What are your feelings on the direction of The Sims? What do you think leads you to feel this way?
- Why do you play The Sims? What do you get out of the game that you may or may not be getting from The Sims 4, and why?
- What are your hopes for the future of the series and how do you think your hopes could be realised?
- Do you have any specific or personal messages for the developers that you would like to share?
So everyone, please do share. If you have videos or your own blog posts you wish to be highlighted, please let me know. I will create as many additional posts on this site as time permits.
Be truthful. Be creative. Let's see where this takes us.
- MrHawk (Michael)